Monday, August 31, 2009

Friendship & Faith

We had old friends over for supper last night and of course I don't keep my camera handy to get pictures of all the kids playing.

Anyhow, it is always funny and divine how God puts things together in our lives. It was mentioned at church yesterday in the sermon how our pastor's father is healthier than many (even though he eats horrible) because of his relationship(friendship) with Christ. Then, on a friend's blog, she mentions how much friendship can help the soul. I so totally agree. I am very bad about not taking advantage of the friendships that I have been blessed with, because I get caught up in daily home life. Sometimes God has to slap me in the face with a multitude of reminders. So I am going to attempt to be a better user of my friends. Oh, I shake at the thought of the effort that entails. But, we are equipped with what we need to do these things.

It has also been placed on my heart to work on growing my faith. Another subject where I have received a few slaps in the face. Therefore, my study has been concentrated on that. If you have anything good on the subject, please respond.
Hebrews 11:6 It is impossible to please God without faith. (NLT) IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE. I better light the fire under that subject. I can only think that I never wanted to displease my earthly father, and definitely don't want to displease my heavenly Father.

More for the thought closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment