Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Full of Surprises







As every mother has experienced, you just never know. Today I got two surprises that brightened my day. This afternoon after we strollered to the mailbox, I had to get a few things from the shop. I let the kids out of the stroller and they walked over with me. We fed Piglet, our pot-bellied pig, some gold fish crackers and popcorn, I got the extension cord from the open shop and headed to the deep freeze for a few items. I called the kids to come with me. However, my son who has the hearing of his father (selective), did not obey and stayed with Piglet. I got what I needed and rounded the corner prepared to discipline my son. But, it didn't happen. There he was in the freshly filled dog, pig, chicken water barrel; splashing away fully dressed including his shoes and smiling as big as the barrel opening. So sweet! What could I do....I told Kaylor she could get in also. I ran to the house and got the camera. So all can see the joy a little water can make.






Then, tonight at supper Kaylor gave a great one. We had finished our dinner of fish, seasoned potatoes, applesauce and broccoli, when I asked if they were ready for a little dessert. I gave Hudson his piece of rice crispie treat and turned to give Kaylor her's. She said "No mommy, more broccoli." Oh what a heart warming. So I gave her all the broccoli that was left and I took her portion of rice crispie treat. I thought that sacrifice was due to show her how much I loved her. I could have eaten the broccoli instead, and forced her to eat the dessert.






So never give up on the miracles that God can provide. When you think there is no chance, they may ask for broccoli instead of dessert. PRAISE GOD!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment