Monday, September 28, 2009

The Arrival

Well, daddy has been home for 5 days now.
Kids still bawl and scream when he gets near the door and lets the tears flow when he goes through the door.
He was rather busy when he got home, as to be expected when you are gone for 16 days. First 2 days busy with Grandaddy Alan's antique corn picker...getting a spot of corn ready for it to debut it's 2nd first job. That was neat to see and the kids love anything that has to do with corn.

As a surprise all, I picked Ashley's sister Janda up from the airport on Wednesday and SURPRISED Judi especially. Kaylor and Hudson thought Aunt Janda was pretty fun and she even kept them one evening.

Everybody headed home Sunday and now we are alone and getting back on track. Both kids slept in their beds all night last night. That hasn't happened since daddy left. I prepared 5 casseroles this morning while the kids played and we enjoyed the beautiful warm enough weather before nap. I have always been a stickler about organization and schedules, so I feel better as well today.

I read a few chapters in Jeremiah about false prophets and the bleak future of Judah if they don't turn from evil and follow God.
The entire book of Jeremiah reminds of present day. Worshiping everything but what we aresupposed to. Taking the hard road alone, instead of leaning on God and taking each step with the faith that the next one will be there.
My commentary mentioned in Chapter 23 "As you share God's Word with friends and neighbors, they will look to its effectiveness in your life. Unless it has changed you, why should they let it change them? If you preach it, make sure you LIVE it!" Well if that doesn't give me something else to work on. I will admit, I am guilty of not living some of things I have told others. So my new job to work on.
I had the opportunity this past week to be with an unbeliever and I now really wonder if she thougt my life reflected what she has heard from so many around to believe. I can now see why she may still be on the fence about it.

Oh Lord, help me to reflect you in my life in all I say and do. AMEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment