Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Loving the Unlovely

Oh my, how my heart has hurt this week. But, oh how excited I am that the Lord has made something like the events of the week turn into a lesson of His LOVE. People, we have to stand up and stop saying we are Christians and then brush things (people, situations, etc.) aside because they are not what we want to deal with.

I am blessed to have a circle of "lovely" friends and family, but man can we do some unlovely things to those we don't think fit in our circle. MYSELF INCLUDED. I would bend over backwards for any of my friends, but would I do the same for someone not in my circle of trust? I have had to really look inside for that answer. Can I be honest, the answer was "NO" for many who the Lord placed in my path.

I am ashamed. And I want to do better. The Lord was gracious enough to put a person in my life that was "unlovely" to me for many years. And through the gritting of my teeth, I allowed that person to work their way into my life. What lessons I have learned. What a friendship I have gained. What great amount of God's love have I experienced.

So people, let's get off our high horse and get to the ground where the hurting people who need Him are. You may want to bring a pair of gloves with you, whether they be rubber gloves or boxing gloves. Get them dirty and and then gasp at the beauty that comes from it. And give the Praise to our Father, who loves us no matter what we do.

Dear Lord, Please hold me to the higher standard set by you. When I feel to good for one of your beautifully made children, please pull me back down. Help me to see those that need You and provide me with the gloves that I need to get in the dirt. I thank You for all the people who have put in my life who were willing to get dirty for my soul. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment